A columbarium is an arrangement of openings, or niches, that hold urns in a compartmentalized wall.
The front of the niche can be glass to display significant family heirlooms and elegant urns, or bronze, granite, and marble to display plaques with inscriptions.
Niches can hold up to two urns for companion placement in a community columbarium, or the columbarium can be set aside for family estates.
The columbarium are nestled throughout the landscaped grounds at Cheatham Hill Memorial Park, providing family and friends with a beautiful and serene setting when visiting.
Advantages of the Columbarium
There is a lot to consider when choosing a final resting place. Inurnment in a columbarium has many benefits, including:
- Provides a dry, clean, above-ground inurnment for loved ones who would rather an alternative to traditional ground burials.
- Uses less space in the earth (for the environmentally conscious).
- Can be more cost effective than a burial.
- Purchasing a niche, engraving, or family columbarium will hold your space and lock in current prices.
- Helps you avoid misplacing urns that are taken home.
- Gives friends and relatives a permanent place to visit and reflect with loved ones.
- Offers an elegant and honorable option.
Our Marietta funeral home offers a variety of urns, including memorial urns and companion urns. We also offer keepsakes for those who wish to remain close with a loved one, even when they are not visiting their columbarium.
Memorial urns are created from beautiful materials like marble, wood, ceramic, and more. These are a great option for interment within our memorial park or Cascading Waters Cremation Garden.
Companion urns are an option for couples who wish to remain close forever. These urns are elegant and larger, as they provide room for two.
Contact Us 24/7 for Help
Our columbarium is available to families of all ethnic and religious backgrounds. They provide subtle yet honorable memorialization for those who are considering cremation. We welcome tours of our grounds and facilities, too.
Get more information regarding inurnment in our beautiful columbarium in Cheatham Hill Memorial Park and Cascading Waters Cremation Garden. Call (770) 424-1111 24/7 or fill out the form on our website, FuneralsGeorgia.com.